Ayurveda, the science of life, is a 5000 year old holistic system to heal the body and the mind. With a unique emphasis on total wellness, the art and science of Ayurveda work to harmonize our internal and external worlds. Our five senses serve as the portals between the internal and external realms, as the five great elements of ether, air, fire, water, and earth dance the dance of creation around and within us. Ayurveda groups these five elements into three basic types of energy - Vata, Pitta, Kapha and functional principles that are present in everybody and everything.
At Mahagedara immerse yourself is the ancient wisdom of Ayurveda and experience its healing touch at the hands of some of the best practitioners of this science. This vedic science is unique as it treats people as individuals. So there is no singular lifestyle or diet that works for everyone. Learn how to cook for your body type to improve health and eliminate illnesses while applying a holistic approach combining Sri Lankan and Ayurvedic recipes.
Awaken your senses to a transformative experience only at Mahagedara Wellness Retreat.
1. Accommodation on twin-sharing basis
2. Consultation with Ayurvedic doctor to create a personalized wellness plan
3. Daily Ayurvedic spa treatments (min. 2 hours)
4. Organic Ayurvedic meals to balance your doshas
5. Yoga & meditation
6. Visit to Pidurangala Rock to see the sunrise and the Rose Quartz mountain: half day each